Thursday, February 16, 2012

February

     February is the worst month. The holidays are long past, and spring is not near enough. All there is to look forward to is Lent (bleah). I'm sure that Valentine's Day is an invention just to improve February, to stem the tides of depression.
     The Month of Letters Challenge has done more for me than Valentine's Day. It's nice to look forward to going to the mailbox rather than putting it off because of the bills, or the packages containing the regrettable late-night Ebay purchases.
     Did I say regrettable? Not all of them. Not too long ago, I mentioned my favorite second-grade library book here. Well, guess what? You're right! I found it on Ebay! And for only 99 cents (really wish keyboards had a cent symbol on them! If you know where it is, let me know.) plus shipping I could own it, like I wished to all those years ago. So, yesterday was an especially wonderful mail day, bringing me all those cards and postcards and my very own copy of The Blue-Nosed Witch. Do not ask me why I loved that little book so much, but finally, fifty-plus years after second grade, it's finally mine.
     Time for me to go and finish my correspondence for the day--a letter to a Dear Friend in Georgia, and a postcrossing postcard.  One more photo to post here--an envelope I decorated to send another Dear Friend, this one in Maryland, her promised "handmade" item. I hope you enjoy both, Emily!  (I think I want to get into "mail art.")

No comments:

Post a Comment